Monday, February 19, 2007

April 3, 2006

Hello All,
Another Monday come and gone... The last April 3, 2006 I will ever know.There really wasn't much remarkable about today aside from the fact that morning came very very early for us... The time change is tough in the spring! We woke up about 2 minutes before Melissa pulled up in the driveway. I carried Joseph out to her car with him still mostly asleep. Tonight when it was 7:30 and still completely light outside, the boys were not too excited about getting ready for bed. "It's still daytime, mom! We have to wait until we can see shooting stars." The boys are very interested in shooting stars, and have been trying so hard to see one. Last Saturday night I actually camped out on the tramp with Brigham and Joseph, and while I saw one shooting star (a bright one, right overhead, but they weren't looking...), the boys didn't see any. The lights from the city are really too bright down here to see much of anything except the moon and a few bright stars. I've told them I'll take them camping in the mountains in Utah or California and they'll see more stars than they can imagine, and plenty of shooting stars at that. I have explained that they are not really shooting stars, but just rocks and dust that enter the atmosphere and burn up, shooting across the sky. But they still really want to see one. We enjoyed conference this weekend, at least I did. Ben babysat our kids and the Curtis kids at our house during Saturday morning session (for us Saturday early afternoon), and then Glenn went over to help out for the later session. So I got to listen and enjoy BOTH sessions. I think Elder Eyrings talk was my favorite on Saturday. Glenn, Aerin, and Ben went to Priesthood session and the rest of us stayed at the Curtis's and watched Harry Potter. The boys were totally worn out because they had been outside most of the day. I spent Friday cleaning the house and so the boys were under strict instructions NOT to mess up! Of course, that is not completely realistic, but Ben did a very good job keeping them under control.
On Sunday Ben and I folded clothes upstairs (I had seriously like 8 loads to fold) while we watched the first session, and the boys had full reign of the house downstairs. Needless to say, my clean house is clean no longer. The second session on Sunday I didn't get much out of because I was downstairs with the boys so Ben could have some peace and quiet upstairs. The primary had given the boys some worksheets to do during conference, and the boys really wanted to do them. But they were too advanced for them (word searches and stuff like that) so they couldn't do them by themselves and needed me to help. I tried to convince them to wait until after conference, but they were insistent that they had to do them DURING conference because they were *conference* worksheets. So I'll have to listen to that second session again sometime this week.\nI finally managed to get the slideshow I was working on completed. I was supposed to show it to the girl last Friday but she called and asked if we could move it to this week, so I believe I'll be going to her house in the morning with it. It gave me the weekend to get that other program I was trying to download, and it did work pretty well and I think I am pleased with the results. Here is a link to download and view the slideshow if you want. It will be available through this link for 7 days. \nhttp://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id\u003d0L2AW19Y96DNR0WXN3HDD11THO
And yes, Daddy, although I have the CD, I did go to LDSaudio.com and purchased the song in MP3 so I don't feel guilty giving it to the girl. All copywright laws complied with. Well I'm going to close now. I haven't gone running in days and days and I am determined to go in the morning, which means I actually have to go to bed...

No comments: