Saturday, February 04, 2006

Major success today!! The event we have all been waiting for, and feared would never happened, finally happened! Joseph pooped in the potty!!! He has had such a phobia for such a long time. He has been perfectly trained, don't get me wrong, he just goes and gets a pullup for poops. A week ago or so we were at Target and he saw these little potty chairs that he liked and said maybe he wouldn't be afraid if we got that one, so I did. The last several days, he has sat on the potty a few times, but wouldn't go. Finally this morning, he was looking for the pullups but couldn't find them. He said to Brigham that he was going to go on the potty (Ben was listening from upstairs), and sure enough, success! We were very proud of him, and went to Dave and Busters for lunch (this has been his incentive now for quite some time). So, maybe we *won't* have a 16 year old still using pullups.
We actually had been thinking of going to Dave and Busters last night, but decided on Chuck E Cheese instead because D&B was likely to be very crowded on Saturday night. Chuck E Cheese was quite crowded as it was. Ben was wonderful and played games with the boys so I could just sit and talk with Melissa (Curtises went with us). The big boys fell asleep on the way home, thank goodness. I knew they were tired because Fridays are outing days so we had been on the go all day.
I had WW in the morning (still on track), then after school I took the boys to "Color Me Mine," a pottery painting place for kids. Grandma Jackee made these darling plates for me when the boys were almost 2 years old, with their hand and foot prints. I wanted to make one for Mosey, too, so that's what they did. The place didn't have the exact same kind of plate, but I think it will be ok. Brigham painted a little frog and Joseph painted a shark. We'll pick them up next Wednesday after they've been fired. I felt a little bad because Mosey was pretty fussy while we were in there. I'm sure part of it was because I was paying more attention to making his plate than I was to him! Sad, because it should have been the other way around. He was also tired, though, because he fell asleep almost immediately when we got in the car. We went to the dinosaur park and the big boys played while I read in the car with Mosey. Then we went over to the rock climbing park and Mosey would probably have slept longer, but Joseph woke him up. Mostly because he wanted me to push him on the swing and I wouldn't because I had to stay in the car with Mosey. Anyway, it was ok though because I met another mom pushing her twin boys on the swing. Her boys are 9 days older than Mosey so it was fun to talk about having twins, and all that. She had 2 older girls, too, and had originally gotten pregnant with triplets. Spontaneous triplets are really rare! Sadly, the little girl died in utero at about 6.5 months, but her boys were born healthy at 34 weeks. I'm not really one to start chatting it up with other moms at the park, but I was glad I had the chance to talk to her.
Tonight was the "sock hop" at the church, our annual adults-only activity. I've been thinking that these sorts of "50's nights" are getting pretty outdated since most of the members of our ward were not alive in the 50's! But it turned out to be pretty fun. Ben and I learned to do the "pretzel" and the "electric slide." I finally got the hang of the hula hoop!! Seriously, this is such a victory. I have NEVER been able to do the hula hoop, but tonight I finally got it! It is pretty good exercise for the abs, actually. Maybe I'll go out and buy one.
Well, that is it for tonight. I think Ben and I are going to watch "Hitch" before I have to send it back (trial Netflix membership). Have a great Sunday everyone!

No comments: