Thursday, February 02, 2006


Happy Birthday Abraham!!! I told Ben last night that you were going to be 17 years old and he was just amazed. Ben first met you 10 years ago (well, in a few months anyway), when you were only 7. Pretty hard to believe you are only a year away from being an emancipated adult. I hope you had a good day. Too bad you weren't born Feb. 3 because then it would be on Friday and you could really go out and celebrate! I was trying to remember my 17th birthday, and you know? I can't remember! I know it was just days away from the first day of school my senior year, and we may even have been on vacation or something. But I do remember *being* 17 and feeling like at last I was an "older teenager" and was getting some respect! LOL
Well, Feb. 2 for me this year was a little tough. No particular reason why, just feeling very tired and lethargic and unmotivated and impatient. Not a good combination. I'm pretty sure the reason is because I didn't exercise yesterday or this morning (my alarm went off at 6 AM and I just *couldn't* make myself get up), and even missing a couple of days makes my anxiety level skyrocket. I didn't go this afternoon either and I really should have. It's funny how even after 2 days of not working out, and even though I absolutely KNOW it will make me feel better, I just lose the motivation to go. But I am going running tomorrow morning I have decided 100%. Nothing will stop me. And I'm going to bed in a half hour so that I will not be so tired tomorrow!
So this afternoon I pretty much did nothing. I went treasure-hunting with the boys after school, one last run around Embassy lakes before the trash trucks come tomorrow. I'm trying to get a bike for Ben, now that all the rest of us have one. I found a pretty good cruiser bike that is in good shape except for some rust on the handlebar and flat tires. Ben's not much of a bike rider, but I thought it would be fun for us all to have bikes. And if they are free bikes, all the better! I won't feel guilty if we don't use them much. So, is there any product I can buy to remove the rust from the chrome? I assume I'll have to spray the handlebars again with some chrome paint. Maybe I'll make that my project tomorrow.
By the time Ben came home this afternoon I was feeling really discouraged. The house was messy, I hadn't really gotten anything done, and I just had NO motivation. But Ben helped out a lot and got the boys busy picking things up and we got the house very clean in just an hour or so. Thank you Ben!!
And now all 3 boys are asleep in Brigham's bed. I'll have to sneak up there and take a picture before they all end up migrating to our bed, which will undoubtedly happen during the night.
Yesterday I gave all 3 boys haircuts and they look great. Brigham and Joseph are perfect about getting their hair cut, but Mosey wasn't too happy. He let me do it, though, and there's not even too many jagged spots from when he wouldn't hold still.
Huh, I guess that's all I have to say for tonight. I hope everyone enjoys Friday!
Oh yeah, the picture is from a couple weeks ago on Key Biscayne. It was getting pretty dark and my flash wasn't on and the picture was taken by some lady who came up and volunteered since I was taking pictures of Ben and the boys. That explains the camera-shake and the horizontal composition when the picture clearly calls for a vertical shot! Oh well. It's fun to get pictures of all of us anyway. I have a bunch of other fun pictures from that day which I will post tomorrow.

No comments: