Sunday, February 12, 2006

Bummed, bummed, bummed.
My right leg is acting up quite a bit. Noticed it yesterday and a lot more today. The numbness in my toes never totally went away from my last MS attack, although I really only noticed it when exercising. But now my toes are going numb on/off, and my right foot feels freezing cold all the time (it's not actually cold when I touch it with my hand, but in my foot it feels freezing), and I'm getting those weird tingly/pins&needles/cut-off circulation sensations in my lower leg.
Please, PLEASE let this just be a little thing that does not turn into a full-fledged flare-up! I just got over the last one! Aren't I supposed to have more than 3 months between flareups? It also scares me a lot that maybe this is indicative that my MS is not going to be a really slow-progressing kind. Ugh.
Anyway, for those of you who have been wondering/nagging, I DO have an appointment with my new doctor at 9:45 AM Wednesday morning. Tomorrow I'm going to get my records from the other doctor's office (hoping not to get the run-around on this).
This whole thing is just very frustrating.
On a happier note, we had a great day in Orlando yesterday. We drove up with our ward's youth so they could do baptisms, and I got a session in as well. Only negative was that I had promised the boys we would go either to Downtown Disney or to Oldtown, but the weather was nasty up there. Cold and blustery and rainy. So we kept waiting for the weather to clear up a little and it never did. We did go to the Florida Mall where there was a cool Playmobil store with a bunch of toys out on display for the kids to play around with, and then we ate at Ruby Tuesday, so I think it was ok with them. The boys behaved wonderfully in the car all the way up and down. Joseph actually fell asleep almost as soon as we started back home, and before he fell asleep we told him we would drive by Oldtown to see if it was still open and if there were any rides he could go on. But he fell asleep so we just drove home. Of course, he woke up when we got home and was just so disappointed about not getting to go to Oldtown. His eyes welled up with tears and soon there were these muffled sobs coming from the backseat of the car. Ugh! I just hate disappointing my little guy like that. It hurts my heart. I promised him we'd go for a boat-ride in the lake this morning before church. Of course then we woke up and the weather was cold and miserable HERE, but he was a pretty good sport about it. We WILL go on a boat ride as soon as it warms up a bit.
I've been very naughty with my eating the past couple of weeks, and now have 1.6 lbs to lose again. Sounds like nothing, I know, but it took me like 6 weeks to lose those last 1.6 lbs last time! So starting this morning I am being very good again. Part of the problem was not exercising much last week. And now with my leg being all weird, I'm worried that's going to cut in on my exercise too. Oh well, not thinking about that right now...
I did a photo-shoot with Melissa's 12 year old son last Thursday. It was just at sunset so the light was very orange. I like the lighting, but not the orange cast at all. This is another way in which I am limited by my current camera-- on a better SLR, I could do a white balance in which I calibrate my camera to compensate for color-casts. But anyway, the picture above is one of the ones I did last Thursday. I still need to finish proofing the rest of them, but I thought they were pretty good, especially with a subject who wasn't completely thrilled at being photographed!
The boys were totally hyper tonight just before bedtime. Joseph made up a new new version of "Ring Around the Rosies" which he shouted at full volume while jumping wildly on the bed-- in his birthday suit, no less, having just come from the tub:
Ring around the rosies
Pocket full of poopies
Poopy! Poopy!
We all fall down!
Lovely, eh? Ah, being the mother of 3 boys is always entertaining! This morning Brigham and Joseph were wrestling around yelling, "You're poopy!" "No, I'm not poopy, YOU'RE poopy!" "No, YOU'RE poopy!"
Please! Enough with the poop already! Can I please go 5 minutes without having to think about poop??
Oh, one more thing. Yesterday I went to the distribution center on the Temple grounds and got those books of scripture stories, you know the ones illustrated comic-book style? There's 3 of them, one for the OT, one for the NT, and one for the BofM. Well, the boys seem to like them quite a lot! I'm glad, as I've been trying to find ways to introduce more scripture stories to them. They wanted to read Noah's ark tonight which we did, but then the story of Abraham comes right after and that led into an interesting discussion of God commanding Abraham to sacrifice his son. A little difficult to explain to 4 year olds. Heck, I still don't understand that one!
Anyway, that's it for tonight. I'm going to try extra-hard to go to bed on time to try to nip this MS flareup in the bud.

No comments: