Thursday, November 10, 2011

Mosey meets the baby!


The newest addition to our art group came today!  Baby William is all of 16 days old, and slept nearly the whole time he was here, despite being poked and prodded by various curious kids.  Mosey was excited to see him.  "He's so little!"  It's so easy to forget how tiny and squishy they are at first!
I asked Mosey what he thought about the baby after everyone went home, and he got a big smile on his face and said, "That baby was weird!"  Which, in Mosey-speak means, "That baby was cute!"  He's a little bit too manly to say that a baby is cute.  :-)  Then he said, "Did you see his feet mom?  His biggest toe was smaller than the end of my little finger!" 
I sure do love little babies. 
After art, when the kids were all running around playing, Mosey dragged out his music stand, cello, and cello bench.  He wanted to play for his friends!  How cute is that?  I'm so glad he's feeling some pride in his playing. He's told me he wants to build a cello "repertoire," so he has a few songs he can always play for people.  So every now and then when he's learning a new little song from his book he'll tell me, "I want to add this one to my repertoire, mom!"  So far he's got "Ode to Joy," "Frere Jacque," and "The Can-Can."  He's doing well on the cello, I think.  He still complains about practicing from time to time, but he gets a kick out of me trying to play his songs for him on his cello.  He is better than I am.  :-)  Maybe I should start taking lessons!
Which leads me to another weird (not cute) thing from today.  Mosey's cello teacher didn't show up for the 2nd week in a row.  What is going on?!  I've emailed him and called him (left a message), but have had no response.  I even googled his name (it's pretty unique) to see if there have been any news reports of an accident or something horrible, but nothing.  I'm glad about that, but very puzzled over the whole situation.  He's been a good teacher-- he did miss one other week with no notice, but emailed me a few days later to tell me his wife had a miscarriage and he left his home without his phone on his way to the hospital in Houston where she was.  That's seemed like a good excuse.  Every other time he's come he's been prompt and professional and has been a good teacher for Mosey.  It's very odd.  The last time he was here, a couple of weeks ago, I paid him for the month of November, and that was the last we've seen of him.  But he hardly seems like the kind of person to carry off, nor is this the kind of situation that seems likely to be a scam.  I guess I'll keep trying to get hold of him.  So my music teacher woes continue.  I still haven't figured out what to do about Brigham's teacher.  I found another place very close by-- a violin shop actually, out of which 3 teachers are taking students.  The teachers look really good-- one of them is exactly what I'm looking for.  However, it's on the 2nd floor of a small office building that has no elevator.  I'd like to sit in on lessons, and I'm not sure I feel comfortable sending my son into a strange building with no parental accompaniment.
Why is my life so hard??  :-)
Well, tomorrow is 11/11/11.  I've set my alarm to go off at 11:00 AM so I can make sure we take proper note of 11:11 on 11/11/11.  It's the little things in life, I tell you.  :-)

No comments: