Tuesday, November 29, 2011

$40

I still haven't downloaded the pictures I took over Thanksgiving.  Probably won't happen until this weekend.  It's now 9:33, my boys are STILL up, and I have about 4 baskets of laundry waiting to be folded.  My favorite.  :-)
Mosey participated in a study this afternoon, looking at language and auditory development among children who stutter.  It was a long 2 1/2 hours for him (and that after his normal hour of speech therapy), but he did great.  I got to watch a lot of it through the mirrored glass, and it was really interesting.  I hope they get some good data from him.  The highlight, though, was the $40 (!!!!!) they gave him for participating in the study.  Wow, that's a big chunk of change for a 7 year old.  He had grand plans for how to spend that money (the Hexbug "elevation set" was foremost on his mind), but when he got home and talked to his brothers, they somehow wrangled him into putting that $40 into a separate fund now known as "the boys' treasury."  I guess they're all going to pitch in and buy something awesome together.  I like that kind of working together!  It's an especially good deal for Brigham and Joseph, to have Mosey jump-start the fund with a big $40 endowment.  :-)
More stuff happened today, but laundry calls.

No comments: