Thursday, August 18, 2011

Oh, MAN!!

I got pulled over yesterday afternoon and got a ticket.  My first ticket in almost 10 years!!  Yes, yes I was speeding.  And I was stupid, because I've seen that speed trap on 183 the last few times I've driven down that way.  But there was some driver in the left lane who was actually going SLOWER than the speed limit (major pet peeve-- I don't mind if you want to drive slow-- clearly there are some benefits, like not getting a ticket, but please, move over out of the left lane!), so I moved over into the next lane and accelerated to get past the slow car.  That was pretty much the exact moment I saw the motorcycle cop with the radar gun.  I tried, ever so smoothly to decelerate, but too late.  He pulled out and got me.  75 in a 65 mph zone.  Oops.
So, now my good driving reputation is marred, and I can no longer be super self-righteous about my nearly perfect driving record.  Ah, humility.  I guess it's a good thing.  :-)

No comments: