Sunday, February 27, 2011

Goodbye sweet Hyundai!

Yesterday we sold our Hyundai.  Ben hasn't been driving it since he got his other car in September, and so this weekend he decided to get it all cleaned up and inspected and appraised and ready to sell.  Well, he went to CarMax to get it appraised, and while he was there, it refused to start again!  The car had been having some issues with backfiring and sometimes stalling at stoplights.  Ben decided it wasn't worth his time to get it looked at and repaired, since we probably wouldn't get much out of an 12 year old 132,000 mile car anyway.  So he sold it to CarMax right then and there.
I never even got a chance to say goodbye! And I don't think I have a single picture of that car.  :-(
It was the first car Ben and I bought together, and the first and only new car either of us has ever had.  It was the car we brought the twins and Mosey home from the hospital in, and the car I used to drive mile upon mile with them in the backseat, hoping to lull them to sleep.  We drove to and from Utah many times, blankets tucked in the back windows so the boys could sleep.  It was my car while Ben still had his green Ford Ranger, and then his car when we got the van.  I did love that car.
We drove back to CarMax this afternoon after church, hoping to find it to take one picture with it before it was gone forever, but it had already been moved, and CarMax was closed on Sunday.  So, I'll have to make do with my memories.  And "dark blue 1999 Hyundai Sonata" google images.  :-)



2 comments:

chicago 2011 hyundai sonata said...

You said Good Bye to Hyundai. But it served for too many days for you. I think you must choose another new Hyundai model soon for your family.

Unknown said...

Not being able to bid goodbye formally is very disheartening. Did everything happen fast? You may not have pictures of your old car, but I'm very sure that all the memories you had with it will forever remain in your heart. Anyway, do you have a new car already? Don't forget to take pictures of it; lots of it, and make no regrets in the end.

-Arlyne Nelms @ SpartanToyota