Friday, June 04, 2010

Genealogy

I've just spent the last 45 minutes on new.familysearch.org, trying to find out how far back my genealogy has been done. How fascinating!! I discovered I am a direct descendant of Alfred the Great, King of England, Charles "The Hammer" Martel (!!), and to Henry De Huntingdon, grandfather to Robert, who has been purported to be the original Robin Hood. I kept going back on this line (my father's line) and got all the way to Julius Caesar!! Julius Caesar has had his Temple work done. Amazing.

I haven't figured out how far back that line extends, since the website finally froze up on me. Let's just say it's been done a really, really, really, really long way back. :-)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

wow!!!!! I can't believe we're related to Charles Martel. That makes the French historian in me very proud.

Mama said...

You have totally inspired me to get going on this!! I'm guessing the Hansen line hasn't been done quite as far back as the Frandsens...