Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Houston appointments

I got my schedule for going to Houston for my 24 month follow up. I guess they're doing a lot more extensive stuff, since they want me there for 3(!) days. Actually 4, but since one of those days is only a blood draw I'm going to tell them they need to put it with one of the other days. I have the full neurological exam on Wednesday, an MRI that night, a bunch of stuff at MD Anderson the next day (including another stem cell apheresis), about a thousand blood draws, and a lovely lumbar puncture to round the trip off on Friday.
I don't want to go.
I hate Houston.
Ben will be with me on Wednesday, but he can't stay the whole time since we're going on a long road trip later on this summer, and all of my sisters either have children (how dare you?! :-)) or have major obligations that week. This is one time when I really (really) wish one of my sisters could be there with me.
(By the way, this is not a subtle hint or guilt trip for any of my sisters since I know that coming out here is simply utterly out of the realm of human possibility, and that if there were any possible way, you would jump on a plane on a moment's notice. I know this. That's why I love you.)
Anyway, that's what I've got to look forward to in a couple of weeks.
Yuck.

5 comments:

Naomi said...

Oh Gabrielle, I do wish I could be there. What are the dates? I might as well know so that I can be eating my heart out those days thinking about you... I was thinking about the fact that you were just starting that whole process 2 years ago, right after Rachel's wedding and right when I found out that I was pregnant with Polly. I hope it goes well, and I do wish wish wish I could be there.

inside voice said...

Houston, you have a problem. ;p
When is it? maybe I'll guilt Mama into sending me over.

inside voice said...

Houston, you have a problem. ;p
When is it? maybe I'll guilt Mama into sending me over.

Mama said...

When are you going?? We're going to figure something out....

Unknown said...

Hi Gabrielle..interesting posts! You seem like a Super Mom yourself. You should check my blog out (aoasm.blogspot.com)...maybe we could share stories, haha!