Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Bluebonnets


This has been a bonanza year for bluebonnets in Texas. 2007 was also a banner year, but I think this year is even better. All the rain we had in the fall, plus the extra-cold winter this year were perfect conditions for bluebonnets, and all kinds of other wildflowers.
I took some senior portraits for a friend this last week and in preparation, the boys and I went scouting for the best bluebonnet patch. When we went to this field (just west of the westernmost Dell building out in Round Rock, for fellow Austinites), a man leaving work volunteered to snap a shot of the boys and I. How funny that we all ended up being color-coordinated that day! I wish I wouldn't have forgotten about my sunglasses.
I won't go into the grisly details of me getting myself back UP from that position in the field. Let's just say that I'm glad I had my boys there to help me, and I'm sure I provided some entertainment for all the worker-bees in the Dell building with office windows facing the field. :-)
I have individual pictures of the boys also, but haven't had time to process them yet. I had 3 photoshoots this past week (not bad for someone who isn't in business and doesn't advertise)! So I'm a bit backed-up. Haven't even looked at my Easter pictures yet. I didn't take many this year.
This wasn't the ideal time of day for bluebonnet pictures, but still, I'm always happy to have a picture of the boys with ME in it. Proof that they do have a mother.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Love the picture of you and the boys!

Mama said...

We are having a spectacular spring in So Cal too, but there is NOTHING like Texas bluebonnets...and those precious ones sitting in that field!