Monday, January 18, 2010

Stuff keeping me busy

In no particular order:
1. Mosey's Wall-E birthday party on Friday with 14!!!!!!! kids! (My previously very consistent rule of 50% attendance to parties was violated when every single kid we invited was able to come).
2. The sad demise of my old laptop. I'm typing on a brand-spanking-new computer right now. Love it. Now on to the arduous process of reinstalling all my programs, rebuilding my bookmarks, trying to remember all of the passwords that my old computer was remembering for me... The usual.
3. Pro-bono photo-shoot with a candidate for U.S. House of Representatives. She wanted me to take pictures for all her campaign promotional stuff. She came on Saturday afternoon. Afterward, I asked her when she needed them. "Tonight!" Oh, my. I got them edited and sent out at 4:34 AM Sunday, and logged in an even 3 hours and 15 minutes of sleep that night (morning?). If she gets elected, I'm pondering what sorts of favors I'm going to call in. :-) (To be fair, a big reason why the editing took sooooooo long had to do with my aforementioned dying laptop-- it was pretty much sputtering out its last tortured breaths that night, and in fact I haven't been able to get it to turn on at all after I sent that last email.)
4. Heater issues. We got our new furnace a week ago Friday. Monday morning we woke up to cold air blowing out of the vents and the temperature down to 63 degrees. Brrr. We had the heating people out 4 different times last week. I think it's finally fixed, though. Knock on wood.
5. Our first formerly-known-as-enrichment-meeting of the year on Thursday night. A crockpot social which went really well! I made a pumpkin custard which was divine, if I do say so myself.
6. Finally sorting through my overflowing in-box on my desk which hadn't been organized (or even really glanced at except to dump more stuff into it) since November. Yeah, that took a while.
7. Other stuff, but I'm too tired to think of them right now. See #3 and my 3 hours and 15 minutes of sleep 2 nights ago. Good night!

1 comment:

Mama said...

I'm tired too, just reading about your week!!! But what GREAT activities to fill your life with -- I hope you took lots of pictures of the Wall-E birthday bash, but take all the time you need getting them sent out :) And take a nap!!