Saturday, August 30, 2008

Last day of 31

Ben took me out to Cheesecake Factory this afternoon to celebrate my last day of 31. Or maybe it was to celebrate my birthday. Either way, it was delicious!
He gave me a wonderful birthday present of fixing several problems I was having with my computer, and I finally have my system back where I want it, after having to reformat the hard drive and all the headache that comes with that. (Why is it that the restore CD doesn't actually *restore* your computer to how it was when you got it?!)

The boys are really enjoying Naomi being here. She is so fun, way more fun than I am. She took them to Blockbuster yesterday afternoon to let them pick out their weekend movies (we have a no TV except on weekends rule around here), then to the dollar store this afternoon, she plays games with Mosey during our homeschool lessons, and otherwise takes care of things around here.

Joseph got "The Haunted Mansion" for his movie, the Disney movie that came out last year I think. All the boys piled onto my bed to watch it, and requested that I join them. It was a little bit scary in some parts, but didn't seem to phase (faze?) my boys too much. At least, no nightmares about zombies last night. I think they were a little scared, though, because usually they don't specially ask me to come and watch a movie with them.

In my next post I'm going to detail some things about my boys that they have been doing recently, before I forget. But tonight it's too late and I'm too tired. Sorry for this very disjointed post!

I'm also going to take a picture of myself (well, have someone else take a picture of me) every day in one of my hats/scarves that my friend Stephanie gave me. They're so cute, but once my hair finally grows back in, I probably won't wear them too much. So picture #1 is today!

3 comments:

Amy F said...

Beautiful... did I mention I love your cheekbones??

Those boys are so blessed to have had so many loving, caring people surrounding them over the past several months. Yay for Naomi!

Jill T said...

Happy Birthday Gabrielle! I hope this year brings much happiness and joyful surprises. You look great in your scarf! I love it! I'm excited to see the other pictures.

Kelly said...

You look great!