Monday, August 25, 2008

Kapla Blocks!

I ordered some more Kapla blocks for the boys' birthday, but they didn't come until today. I've sung the praises of Kapla blocks before, so I won't reiterate it here, but they are still probably the favorite toy of my boys, even 8 months after we got the first set. So now we have 300 Kapla blocks! Hope that holds 'em for a while.


This was Brigham's first creation with his newly expanded Kapla block arsenal. And Mosey had to get in the picture to show us his tongue, too.



And I caught this shot mid-collapse. It's good Brigham doesn't get too attached to his creations.



Earlier in the day we went to Michaels to let the boys spend some of their nickels (we do nickel jars that they get to fill with nickels they earn from chores). One of the things Joseph got was this paintable picture frame. He hasn't painted the frame yet, but he spent all afternoon working hard on a painting that he was then thrilled to put into the frame. I am hoping to put a whole bunch of the boys' artwork on the walls of the 2nd bedroom upstairs (the one nobody sleeps in because my boys still insist on all sleeping in the same room, often all on the same double bed!).



And not to be outdone by Brigham, Joseph also made a Kapla block city, using all 300 blocks! So this was his afternoon of industriousness.

By the way, I've been feeling really well the past few days. I haven't thrown up since Wednesday night! I actually feel like I may just be past this part of the recovery process. I've been able to be up and about most of the day which gives me confidence that I just might be able to do this motherhood thing again once all my sisters have come and gone.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Great news that you're feeling well! Those blocks look like hours of fun.