Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy birthday to me


Blowing out candles (we didn't have 32 candles, so I just pretended I was actually turning 5). I'm also wearing my favorite pink butterfly scarf and some really cute earrings given to me by my sister-in-law. Probably can't see them in this picture, though.


Hello 32! I hope this year is a little less eventful than this last year...


I had a nice day. My sister made me blueberry pancakes this morning, the boys all helped to make a "Happy Birthday, Mom" banner, and we were on time for church!


My main present I already got this week, basically a present to myself. I got a new Canon camera. Not the 5D I've been wanting, but another point-and-shoot, just an inexpensive one. I can't find my other one I've had for the last few years, and it was time to upgrade anyway. This one is 8MP and has a nice video function. Much easier to carry around when I just want casual shots, than my big 20D.


Naomi took the boys to the Dollar store yesterday and the boys picked out their own presents for me. I got a picture frame with a drawing of a birthday cake in it (Mosey's idea, he even looked up pictures of cakes on the computer to find one he liked, and then Naomi helped him) from Mosey, and then 2 more frames for the other boys to put some of their artwork. Mosey also gave me some new jewels for my cane. He was so cute, he was SO excited for me to open presents. He'd been asking all day when it would be time. Joseph also gave me some lemon-lime scented dish soap (my favorite scent, which he remembered from when I was griping in Target about how they didn't have any lemon-lime dish soap! Wow, he really listens sometimes!). Brigham gave me some new craft scissors (we have a scissors black-hole somewhere in our house and scissors just disappear), and then all of them got me a bottle of Cranberry juice, my favorite. So sweet, huh?


Then we had cake (leftover from the boys last week) and a rousing, if not quite musical, rendition of "Happy Birthday."


We went on a walk around the neighborhood (well, everyone else walked and Ben pushed me), and that was nice too. Joseph was quite sure he didn't need his shoes, and then ended up stepping in a fire ant pile. Oops. So he sat on my lap all the way home. Brigham wanted to ride, too, and offered Joseph his shoes, but Joseph was not too interested in giving up his seat.


So it was a nice day, and now I'm an hour late for bed!


I hope everyone has a nice Labor Day tomorrow.

4 comments:

paul said...

happy birthday!

Amy F said...

Yes... happy birthday. The gifts your boys picked out are so fun because they really thought about them, didn't they? What thoughtful kiddos.

raegan said...

Happy Birthday Gabby! Sounds like you had a great day. The best part was probably being home and not throwing up. I am glad to hear you are doing well. Keep it up!
Your little boys are quite thoughtful.

Kelly said...

Happy birthday, Gabby!