Monday, October 15, 2007

Monday musings

Hello Everyone,
It is 10:30 AM, I have the house straightened up, laundry going, and now I'm sitting here uploading the pictures I took this weekend. I did a family photo shoot for a family in my ward Saturday night. It was fun! Afterward we went to Countyline (BBQ restaurant), and waited almost an hour and a half to get seated, so we didn't even get home until after 10:00 PM. Ben didn't want to even go there, after we were told it would be a 50 minute wait. But usually they tell you 45 minutes and it's actually 25 minutes, right? That's my experience, anyway. But Ben was TOTALLY right this time. Sorry Ben! I still owe you that dollar.
So yesterday the boys were... just a little tired. Actually, they were up really late Friday night, too, for no particular reason, we were just hanging out at home and Ben started showing them some funny YouTube videos and anyway, we ended up staying up till 10:00 that night, too. And of course they were up early Saturday morning. Yawn...
Saturday we cleaned the house. I stayed up really late Friday night sweeping downstairs (which desperately needed doing), so I wanted to get the floors mopped and stuff before they got dirty again. Ben and the boys picked up the upstairs, then Ben cleaned the garage while I supervised the boys cleaning up the playroom and then they did reading practice and finished their first book report. Whew! Ben vacuumed upstairs (that needed doing even more than the downstairs! But I don't go up there much so it doesn't bug me as much), and I took the boys to RadiJazz. They had a good time there, although Mosey lost his Carebear AGAIN. He wanted to bring it in, I told him NO, he started to tantrum, so I told him, ok, but he STAYS IN MY PURSE. Well, when it was time to leave, Sunshine bear was not in my purse. The boys told me they saw Mosey carrying him around. We looked around, then asked the girl at the front desk if anyone turned him in. No, but she HAD seen it on the floor over by one of the play structures, but didnt' pick it up. So we went back and searched everywhere, but no luck. And then we had to go because it was time for my photo shoot. I'll call them today, but we didn't see it, and the place isn't that big. There are two possibilities: someone picked it up and took it home, or it ended up in the huge foam block pit. If it ended up in there, I think it may be gone forever. The girl said they never empty that thing out.
SOOO, I have ordered ANOTHER sunshine bear from ebay (found another one, yay!!), but this is the last time. For reals. And I am NEVER letting him take that bear into another entertainment type of place again. EVER.
Luckily this time around, he has gotten somewhat attached to his "white kitty cat" so he seems to be hanging in there. We did have lots of tears on the way from RadiJazz to the park, but he's been ok with things since then.
Yesterday was a tough day for me. Not enough sleep, as I was also up WAY too late Friday and Saturday nights. Plus it was fast sunday which, I'm ashamed to admit, always makes me on edge and not very patient. Ben watched the kids for a few hours while I took a nap, even, but I was still really grumpy when I woke up. I yelled at the boys too much and I feel bad. I'll do better today. I always get grumpy when the house gets messy just after it got all cleaned up, which happened. They got out playdough, and it ended up in little crumbs all over the floor, upstairs, etc. I yelled a lot about how THIS is why I hate buying playdough and tell them it can NEVER go anywhere but the kitchen table. But I think I could have conveyed the same ideas, probably more effectively, without yelling. Sigh...
But I went to bed at a good hour last night, and I'm feeling pretty good today.
Brigham has been praying that we find Angel in every prayer he says. It is breaking my heart. I really think we need to get a kitten.
Mosey is a funny little guy. He says every night, "Wow, I didn't know it was going to be night time again after it was day time!" Or, "I didn't know it was going to be night time after Tae Kwon Do!" Or, "I didn't know it was going to be night time again after it was church!" He seems genuinely astonished every night when darkness comes again. Oh, and he read his first words Friday! He was so cute, so proud of himself. Ok, the words were "me" and "see," but still, it was pretty exciting.
All right, I've got to get some more computer work done before it's time to get Mosey from preschool.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Thank you for the photo shoot time! My kids really enjoyed it. Lindsey and Christopher liked being models and they think your photography job is exciting too. We look forward to seeing the results and I'm crossing my fingers that I'll look 20 pounds lighter. If not, I'm preparing for reality. Thanks, Gabby. I hope we didn't over work you!

I don't miss the Play Dough stage.