Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Joseph is a thinker

This morning Mosey and I went to the school's Principal's Pride Awards. Joseph was awarded for being "a thinker." Yay Joseph!
I can't help but think that since this is the first Principal's Pride of the year, he must have really made a good impression on his teacher. :-)
This is a very good thing for Joseph, so I was very happy.
Monday the boys had no school. Well, Brigham and Joseph had no school. Mosey still had preschool, so after I dropped him off, the big boys and I had the morning to ourselves. It was really great! They helped me clean up the whole house, and they did a great job. Then we did some reading practice and math practice and read a little more about Ancient Sumeria. Did you know they invented the potter's wheel? So we watched some Youtube videos on pottery throwing, and then the boys got out the playdough and made their own pots!
After we got Mosey from school, we came home and decorated the house for Halloween. It is very spooky now. Brigham and Joseph decorated their room, too. Later in the evening Ben took them to the dollar store to redeem some of their responsibility stars, and Joseph got some more little halloween decorations for his room, and to decorate the fake spiderwebs on our front porch. They are so excited for Halloween!
It is October and so the boys are beginning to get homework. They have 4 book reports due on the 31st. Not very involved book reports, just 5 sentences about a book they read, and then a picture. BUT, it all has to be in their own hand writing, and I'm supposed to make sure they form their letters correctly. I admit to not paying that much attention to their handwriting until now. But they are not doing lots of the strokes correctly, so now I have to nip that in the bud. Yesterday afternoon all we did was come up with sentences for their first book, and then I had them write the date, title, and author on their papers. And that took about 20 minutes for each child!! So we're going to have to get cracking. They'll need to do at least two sentences tonight. Not a big deal, but it is TKD this afternoon, and then I have mutual, and Ben is in Louisiana today so they'll have to come with me, so we only have about an hour this afternoon for them to play and get their homework done, so we'll have to work fast.
In a few minutes I'm taking Mosey to the Austin science and nature center. It's free and supposedly pretty cool, so we'll check it out.
Have a great Wednesday everyone!

No comments: