Monday, May 07, 2007

May 5, 2007

On Saturday, after going to a baby shower, I took the boys to go search for milk weed. The boys want to find a monarch butterfly caterpillar to raise into a butterfly (they are doing this in their classrooms). We found milkweed, but no eggs or caterpillars. But I found this great place for pictures. I was so excited. Lots of different areas to shoot in-- fields, wildflowers, oak trees, stone steps, and then a drainage area with concrete retaining walls which give a cool "urban look." I took a bunch of pictures, which turned out well except I forgot I was spot-metering, so I ended up overexposing certain areas which really annoyed me. But I like them anyway, and as I edit them the next few days I will post more. For now, here are three closeups of my boys.
After going to the park we celebrated Cinco De Mayo by going to a Mexican restaurant. Actually we weren't really celebrating Cinco De Mayo, it was just a good excuse to go out to dinner! Afterwards I took the boys to Krispy Kremes (fulfilling a promise I made if they completed their chores), and we went inside to watch the donuts being made. It was funny because we had just watched a segment on Discovery Channel (I think) about Krispy Kremes being made. And the manager there gave us each a free donut, so that was even better.






1 comment:

Kelly said...

These close-ups are so crisp and clean looking. Nice work.