Friday, May 18, 2007

May 18, 2007

Mosey and I are suffering from springtime allergies. I was spared while we lived in Florida, but whatever I am allergic to is DEFINITELY blooming around here. Mosey's been really sniffly the past few days as well, and I suspect it is also allergies. Today I was driving to Target with Mosey in the back seat, and he tells me that his nose is all stuffed up. I told him I would wipe it when we got to the store, but I guess that wasn't soon enough, so he does what all kids do, and used the back of his hand (TMI, I know...). Anyway, he was so funny because immediately he puts his hand up and says, "Mom, look! Booger juice!" LOLOLOL!!! Too funny from my little guy.
And then tonight he made me laugh again because I was reading him his alphabet book and asking him, "What's this letter Mosey? And what is this animal? And what about this letter? And what is this thing?" He began answering me in this funny growling voice. Really, a growl! But his voice is so high that a growl from him is quite hilarious. And the context was even funnier because he was using this high growling voice to say, "Mom, that's a capital M! I think (fink) that is a elephant. That is a lower case P! Mom, I fink those are jacks!" I was really wishing I had a tape recorder for that.
Mosey's fear of cockroaches is not abating. Ok, I'm going to tell you something really, really gross. Apparently at some point some cockroaches got into the air ducts of our van. They are, thankfully, dead now, and the air conditioner has blown them to the airvents in the back of the van. They are trapped there by the vent cover thingy, but if you look close, you can see them. I think there are 2 or 3 in there. So disgusting, but *I* am not going to be the one to get them out!! Ben will have to do that sometime. So anyway, the boys discovered they were there and now EVERY time I get Mosey into the van he asks me, "Are the cockroaches still dead Mom?" Yes, Mosey, they're still dead! No resurrected cockroaches around here. He's pretty worried about them! And last night in the middle of the night he woke up crying. I waited a little bit hoping he'd go back to sleep but he didn't, so I went in the boys' room, picked him up and asked him what was wrong. He was clearly not quite awake and he said, "There's a cockroach! A cockroach is going to get me!" Poor guy, having a nightmare about cockroaches! Ick, now I'll probably have a nightmare about cockroaches...

Joseph has started this funny way of saying no. Instead of plain old "no," he will say, "NEVER!" So I say to him, "Time to brush your teeth Joseph." And he'll yell out, "NEVER!!" Or he'll be outside and I'll call him in and I get a "Never, never!!" It is pretty cute because actually he's not really serious when he says it. Usually he'll come trotting over to do what I asked in a minute or two, but I get a kick out of his "NEVER!"

Brigham did something funny this afternoon too, but now I've forgotten it. Oh well, I'm sure he'll do something else funny tomorrow!

We went to Souper Salad tonight which was very yummy. My Weight Watchers strategy is to be good all week long, and then I let myself have one dinner a week where I eat whatever I want and don't count points. So probably my extra 35 points are gone for the week, but it was good! That is a good place to go with our kids because there is lots of variety so they can all find something they want.

We didn't close on our house today, but supposedly on Monday afternoon everything will be ready. Not a big deal since we aren't moving in right away anyway. When we were buying our Florida house our lenders kept stringing us along and the closing date kept getting moved back and back and I was going CRAZY living in that tiny hotel suite and was very frustrated. So this is a lot less stressful.

Tomorrow I think I'll take the boys to "Deutchfest," a German festival of sorts out in Pflugerville. I'm hoping it will be fun for the boys and not too many beer-drinkers! Our friend Eddie assured us it isn't Oktoberfest and that it should be family-friendly. Pflugerville is definitely a family type place, unlike downtown Austin, so it'll probably be fun.

1 comment:

paul said...

i'm glad your blog is back. i love the pictures of your kids. crisp and beautiful colors.