Monday, September 02, 2013

09/02/2013

1.  Labor day!  We didn't do school today, although I spent most of the morning organizing stuff for school.  The boys did practicing (didn't get totally finished until 8:40 tonight, oh well), Ben worked from home.
2.  We went to my friend Traci's apartment pool for dinner and swimming in the afternoon.  It was so hot and I got overheated and then couldn't stand up, but it was still fun.  I'm such an antisocial person, it takes a lot to give me the gumption to go and do social things, but I'm glad when I do.
3.  I told Mosey I am pretty well finished with the dramatics during practicing.  Oh, you should see it!  The huffing and puffing!  The groaning and moaning!  The shoving away from the piano and stomping away!  I can deal with hysterics, it's just that it takes so much time.  If he would practice instead of throwing a fit, he'd probably get done with his practicing in half the time, and sign off pieces a lot faster, too!  But really, 9 1/2 years old is plenty old enough to be aging out of the practicing hysterics stage of life, isn't it?
4.  One of my seminary students, Max, brought over the most delicious banana cream pudding I've ever tasted.  Oh, dear, it is so good.  And he brought over a HUGE bowlful.  I am in trouble.
5.  Today is my youngest brother, Isaac's birthday.  Joseph's middle name is Isaac, after this brother of mine.  He was born prematurely 17 years ago today, and I miss him.  He would have been only 5 years older than my boys, and would have been such a great role-model for them-- more of a peer than any of their other aunts or uncles.  I can't wait to get to know him someday.

No comments: