Friday, September 27, 2013

09/26/2013

Items from the last couple of days:
We went to the orthodontist on Wednesday.  Did I ever write about Brigham's and Joseph's braces?  Well, they have braces now.  It's maybe the one thing that to me has really made them look like middle-schoolers.  :-)  They have been troopers about it, hardly complaining at all.  They are veterans with orthodontics by now, having done spacers and herbst appliances.  It's a long haul.  But they will be done long before high school, which I think will be a great thing.
Yesterday I took Mosey to the park with me to help watch my friend's kids while I met with a woman I visit-teach.  Mosey is a good kid.  He ran around with those kids (all younger) and did a good job looking after the 2-year old.  It was pretty hot-- in the 90's (boy am I ready for these days of 90's weather to be OVER), and he was so cute with his rosy face.
I cut the boys' hair last night, which was sorely needed.  Brigham and Mosey both hate their hair getting long and have been bugging me to cut it.  Joseph still hates getting his hair cut.  He let me do it, but not without very vocally and continuously expressing his dissatisfaction with the situation.  :-)  He looks so handsome with short hair, though!
Today is Friday.  Only 3 kids showed up for seminary.  That's an all-time low.  I'm trying to actually be flattered by it, though, since I told the kids yesterday that we weren't having a formal lesson today-- it would be scripture mastery activities (which normally they love!).  So I'm going to interpret their not coming as deciding that it is only my scintillating and spiritually satisfying lessons that I have had every other day that has kept them coming.  :-)

No comments: