Saturday, August 31, 2013

08/31/2013

Happy Birthday to me!
I told the boys all I wanted was a day of no bickering or whining, and... I think I got it!  Of course, it may have helped that the boys were gone for most of the morning, and I was gone for most of the afternoon.  :-)
Still, they did good.  Brought me home an apple fritter from Crown Donuts this morning, got the house cleaned, outside mowed and watered and swept, and then took me out to eat at Cheesecake Factory.
In the afternoon I got to spend a couple of hours at Target wandering around the store (one of my favorite things to do with no kids, even if there wasn't anything cute on the clearance racks), and then I went with Brigham to a violin shop to look at violins.  We spent almost 2 hours playing instrument after instrument, and finally settled on one that we both love.  It has a very unique looks, and a wonderful sound.  I think I might even be a little envious!
I had lots and lots of happy birthdays on Facebook (I'm never exactly sure what is the proper protocol-- do I respond and say thank you to everyone?  I hope not, but I did read every one of them), several phone calls from various sisters and brothers and parents, and a couple of emails and blog posts that made me cry (in a good way), and so I felt very loved.
It is good to be me on this August 31, 2013!


No comments: