Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day 2013

Ugh.  I want a do-over today.
I should have just decided from the beginning that we wouldn't try to do a regular school day.
Instead I spent most of the day frustrated because the boys weren't getting any schoolwork done, and one of my boys didn't do any practicing at all.
What did they do instead?  Mowed and edged the lawn, helped Ben clean the pool, helped me weed the front yard, cleaned up the playroom, and composed music together on Mixcraft.
Those were awesome things to do, and I didn't need to be frustrated.
I got grumpy when the dog came in dripping wet, leaving wet doggy footprints all over the floor that JUST got mopped, and when Mosey spilled fruit juice under the table and Brigham got out a bunch of ingredients to make a blueberry smoothie.
I didn't need to get grumpy about those things.  I don't want to be a grumpy mom.
Tomorrow I pledge not to get grumpy about ANYTHING.

No comments: