Sunday, May 26, 2013

05/24/2013

Friday!  Everyone slept in a little bit this morning, but it was OK.  Mosey didn't freak out too much about it.  I tried to be his schoolwork-buddy, sitting next to him and helping him get his stuff done.  We went out on the porch swing in the front courtyard and worked on grammar together.  Later, Brigham and I sat on the same swing and talked over literary themes and compared themes in a couple of books we've read this year.  It was one of their assignments, and I hadn't done a good job in explaining to the boys exactly what they were supposed to do, but I suppose this is just the first of many, many times they'll do this sort of thing in their school career.  Anyway, I like that porch swing.
The boys had friends over this afternoon which curtailed their schoolwork/practicing a little early, but I wasn't feeling worked up about it.  Must be the end of the school year.  :-)
The Eckholdt boys came over to play airsoft.  It had been cloudy all day, but hadn't rained, so I thought they'd be OK.  But their arrival triggered the storm that had been threatening, and it RAINED.  They still went out for a while and got all wet.  Then the thunder and lightning really picked up and I made them come inside.  They made brownies and let me have some free time, so it was all good.
Mosey's friend Josh also came over and they had a good time playing with Mosey's radio controlled car and the cats.  We got a new cat toy-- a plastic wand with a long strip of fleece-type material attached to the end, and they go crazy for it.
Later in the afternoon Ben came home and we ate pizza and watched Lost and then went to bed.  A good day!

No comments: