Sunday, May 26, 2013

05/26/2013

Joseph and Brigham are heading into their last couple of months of primary.  That is hard to believe.  Anyway, Brigham was asked to give a talk in primary a couple of weeks ago, and today it was Joseph's turn.  He's not a big fan of giving primary talks.  I tried to tell him it's good practice for giving talks in Sacrament meeting!  He'll be longing for the days of primary talks when he gets his first youth speaker assignment.  :-)
I usually help the boys write their talks (well, probably more like they help me write them... :-)), but last night Joseph told me he wanted to write it himself.  OK!!  So I wrote out some basic suggestions for him and opened up the list of conference talks on lds.org so that when he got up this morning he could put it together.
Well, by the time it was time to go to church, he was sitting at the computer with his head buried in his arms, about to break down.  What do I do?  Do I let him suffer the consequences of procrastination and make him come to church without a talk ready?  Well, I'm a softie at heart, so I gave him strict instructions to read some conference talks and write down some good quotes, and after I dropped Brigham and Mosey off at church I went back home, helped him add an introduction and a conclusion, and then took him back to church.  I hope it went well!
This afternoon Brigham and Joseph worked on some compositions they are writing with some music software.  We have a synthesizer that can be connected to the computer and the boys can play music and record it, add tracks, effects, and all sorts of other fun things.  Both of them like to compose music, although they have very different styles.  I think they both have at least one piece finished and I'll try to figure out a way to attach the audio file here.
Tomorrow is Memorial Day.  The boys and I really should do school, but I think Ben is taking the day off, so I guess we'll see how it goes.

No comments: