Friday, May 03, 2013

May 2, 2013

24 years is a long time to be missing my little brother.
For a long time, I missed that sweet little boy with the mischief-making grin.  My arms ached to hold him again.  I still miss that cute little guy.  I still can't sing his favorite songs without choking up.  I still cry whenever I go through my folder of Jacob pictures.  But as my siblings have grown up, and I've been given the treasure of these amazing people in my life, I miss the grown-up Jacob, too.  All of my siblings-- every one of them, is such a gift to me.  A while ago I heard a guy on the radio talk about asking people who they would take with them on a desert island.  He said that almost everyone said they would take a friend rather than a family member.  I cannot relate to that at all.  I would choose my family every time.  I know I would love the grown-up Jacob.  And I know I will get to be with the grown-up Jacob someday.  But for now, I miss him.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

I love that picture of him. Now that I have my own four year old, I just ache at how skinny he is...