Sunday, September 30, 2012

09/30/2012 Back in the Game!!

1.  It's been a long few weeks with limited internet access.  Also strangely nice.  But not so nice to log onto your email and see 454 unread messages.  Luckily most of them were deletable, but still took a couple hours to get through.

2.  Today was the primary program.  Joseph and Brigham's very last one!  Waaaahhhh!!!  But they have come a long way from the Sunbeam days of hiding behind the pews refusing to participate.  :-)  Some of my favorite moments:
Being in a vantage point able to see each one of my children's faces, and seeing them all singing!
Mosey dragging his stuffed animal snake up to the stand with him to give his little talk about God granting agency to Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden.  That snake is his attachment object of choice for the past few weeks and has gone everywhere with him.  Honestly, he's like Linus with his blanket.  I'm so used to seeing him with it that I don't even see it anymore.  Otherwise I would probably not have let him bring it to church, let alone up to the podium where its yellow and black spotted head peered out at the congregation.  I wonder if anyone else in the congregation noticed, or wondered if he brought the "serpent" up there on purpose!  :-)
Joseph and Brigham singing "I'm trying to be like Jesus" with their class.  I used to sing them that song at bedtime when they were little.
Joseph giving his talk so well, even though he did NOT want to do it.
Brigham looking like such a little man in his black pants and blue blazer when he gave him talk.

3.  My mom came this weekend to help unpack my house.  She got more done in 2 1/2 days than I could have in 2 1/2 months.  She is amazing, and has got to be utterly exhausted now.  Ben was seriously impressed when she helped him carry the incredibly heavy solid wood top to my huge computer desk from one room to another.  Ben was sure he was going to have to call another guy-- preferably a large guy, to help him move it.  But my 110 lb mom did it without breaking a sweat.  She did SO MUCH.  I can now drive into my garage!  Most of the boxes are unpacked.  She packed up Ben's entire closet at the old house, which had been a giant repository of all kinds of "I don't know what to do with this" items.  She carried load after load of heavy boxes and bins from the car into the garage in the absolute pouring down rain.  She did my laundry.  She swept the floor 2 or 3 times while she was here.  She stayed up later and woke up earlier than I did every day she was here.  She woke up early enough this morning to make a pan of cinnamon rolls for us before we left for the airport at 7 AM.  She assembled furniture, took vanloads of stuff to Goodwill, cleaned the old house, and even made time to play the flute with Joseph last night.  I just looked up synonyms for "amazing," since I use it to describe her so often, but there really is no word adequate to describe her.  THANK YOU, mama!!

No comments: