Monday, September 03, 2012

09/03/2012

1.  Labor Day.  Did not get as much labor done as I wanted.  What's new?  The boys worked on staining the deck for quite a while.  I made arrangements for putting wood in our school room in the new house, and ordered wheelchair ramps so I can get in and out of the house.  We'll be able to move into the house starting a week from today.  Eeek!  I also finally finished the doors for upstairs.  I messed up one of them-- put the hinges on backward.  Grr.  So I re-routed the hinges and all the doors are installed upstairs.  They look good.  I also got one load of laundry done.  Whoop de doo.
What I did NOT do today:
Clean the house
Finish the laundry
Pack up the books from upstairs
Do any packing at all

2.  Tonight Brigham and Mosey had auditions for Austin Youth Orchestra.  We drove down to Stephen F. Austin high school, arriving a bit discombobulated since I had mapped directions to 1715 East Cesar Chavez, instead of 1715 West Cesar Chavez.  Oh well.  It was OK, but there was only one other kid after us in line for auditions, so it was a bit of a wait.  The boys did just fine.  I think Mosey was nervous-- on the way down he asked me, "What is it that makes the nervous feeling?  It's not like adrenalin because it doesn't come all of a sudden."  Well, it is adrenalin, just severely misplaced adrenalin.  The fight or flight response has no place in music.

3.  I have decided to go on a sugar fast for the next month.  Now that the birthday and vacation season is over, it is really TIME.  I'm going to be as strict as I can until we fly out to Utah at the beginning of October. This means nothing at all with any added sugar.  I was perfect for today!  One day down 29 to go.

No comments: