Monday, September 17, 2012

Moving is fun!!!


09/20/2012

We have internet now, but my computer is not set up because my desk is not set up yet because I haven't fully decided where I want it.  So all I have is this old laptop that is missing the t key.  I have to press the spot where it was really hard and it is a pain and I can't believe how many words have T in it!  Maybe I'll skip the t's.

he boys are suffering from lack of a schedule.  hey may no realize i bu hey do so much beer when hey have a schedule and know wha is expeced when.  All of his up in he air suff and lae nighs and boxes and mom and dad oally disraced and nohing how i is supposed o be is wearing on hem.  hey've been fighing and picking a each oher and i is no fun.

OK, this no T business is too much of a pain.  I'm not sure which is worse-- no T key, or trying to type on my phone.  I'm giving up for now.



09/17/2012

1. Before this move, I promised Ben that I'd be nothing but positive about this move--no stressing or grumbling. I think I'm doing ok. I just keep telling myself, "moving is fun!" Right? Right?? Maybe if I keep saying it, it will be true? :-)
2. Here are some of the most fun parts of this move so far:
The first night we brought Chrissy (our cat) over, she decided it would be a good idea to pee on Joseph's bed. The same bed he so painstakingly made all by himself with new sheets and matching bedspread and pillow cases. When Ben took the mattress pad outside to air out, he was met by our dog who had apparently decided that was the night to try and make friends with the local skunks. Turns out the skunks weren't too interested in making friends with Sandy. In fact, they were downright hostile and made their displeasure known in the smelliest way possible. Oh joy. So Ben had to make a midnight run to two different HEBs to get hydrogen peroxide and baking soda to give her a bath, which she thought was about as much fun as the original skunk encounter itself. Meanwhile back inside, Chrissy had not yet finished communicating her extreme distress over being kidnapped from her perfectly comfortable home and so rudely thrust into this big, scary place filled with scary boxes and scary sounds and scary smells. So she decided to poop on my bed.  She then got to experience my extreme distress when I grabbed her by the tail and threw her off the bed. Sorry about that, Chrissy... At least the lizards seem to have made the transition pretty smoothly. :-)
3. One awesome thing about this move has been how many people have come out of the woodwork to help. We've had dinners brought in, ladies from the church have spent hours packing things for me and helping me unpack and organize my kitchen and pantry. That was a big job. A few guys from the church have helped Ben move big stuff from one house to another. And my boys have been awesome. Yes, there has been some whining, but overall they have worked so, so hard. I'm proud of them.

No comments: