Monday, September 26, 2011

some pictures

Here are some pictures from the past couple of weeks.
When the twins turned 10, I meant to take a picture of each of them (a nicer, more portrait-style one).  I got one of Joseph, but not Brigham.  So yesterday afternoon I dragged him into the front yard for a couple of minutes.  Here's my handsome 10 year old Brigham!






And here are some other recent pictures.
Brigham making his traditional Sunday night cake.  He's getting awfully good at it!

Grooming Tiki before his horseback riding lesson.

The ice cup he made.  He likes to put a cup of water in the freezer, and wait until only the outside has frozen, then turn it upside down and remove the "ice cup."  Why he likes doing this, I have no idea, but it's cute.  :-)

Climbing the pecan tree in our front yard.

And while we're on the subject of Brigham, I have to write down something funny and quintessentially Brigham that he said recently.  He said, "I like going to bed early and just laying there.  It's the best time to think about things, like how calculators work, and refrigerators."  He's such a funny and cool kid.  :-)

And here's the 10 year old picture of Joseph that I actually took on his birthday:
 I'm not sure which one I like better, so here's both of them.

 And these are from yesterday afternoon, when I noticed the light from the setting sun shining through the window in our front door perfectly lit up his face.  I told him to freeze while I got my camera.
 I think I like the black and white version, but here's the color one anyway.


Here he is, pouring over one of his library books.  I try to go once a week, but he finishes the books he gets in about 2 days.  This looks like a distinctly uncomfortable position to read a book, but he sat there out there like this for a good 20 minutes.  Must be a good book!

And Mosey couldn't be left out of the picture-taking fun last night!
Here he is saluting me.  Don't you love the combination of the button-down shirt and the basketball shorts?  :-)





And here he is a couple of weeks ago practicing his cello.

He's also usually to be found reading a book (or Friend magazine in this case) in the afternoons after his lessons are done.

And here is one of the favorite activities of our homeschool art group.  They built this tower all the way up to the ceiling, and were pretty proud of themselves.

And here's another one the boys made, I believe right before Joseph smashed it to the floor.  There are blocks ALL over the play room floor right now.  My favorite.  :-)

1 comment:

Mama said...

Those new short haircuts make them look SO GROWN UP! And so handsome -- oh my, you have good looking boys! Each one so distinctive, and yet so obviously brothers. I love these pictures! I need to build an extension of my "Grandma Wall" - I'm running out of room for all these fabulous pictures :)