Monday, September 19, 2011

cheap

I feel like my weekly letters are pretty cheap blog posts.  :-)
I meant to write something today, but here's how my day went:
6:00 AM:  Wake up, shower, dress
6:45:  Wake up boys, get breakfast started
7:00:  Breakfast/scripture study/chores
8:00:  Schoolwork begins.  Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays are my "practice with everyone" days, so I am booked solid from the moment schoolwork starts, until it ends. 
3:45:  Cut Mosey's cello practicing short to drive Joseph to flute
5:45:  Get back from flute, get dinner started
6:30:  Dinner/family home evening
8:15:  Read to the boys
8:45:  Send the boys upstairs to bed and finally have a moment of peace and quiet for the first time in 14 hours.  Whew!
That's when I should have written my blog post.  Instead, I replied to some email, downloaded my Audible.com books ($4.95 sale, yippee!  I'm not telling how many I bought...), and read the family letters that came yesterday.  I have a very large and very prolific family (I can't help it-- it's in the genes), so this is a major undertaking.  But I love it, and it is how our family stays connected.  So now it is 10:30, and I should be going to bed.  But I still have to clean the cricket cage for the new crickets we got on our way home from flute today, feed the lizards some of said crickets, and THEN get ready and go to bed.
So, instead of a real blog post, here is my blog post which is really my excuse for not writing a blog post.  :-)

No comments: