Monday, September 05, 2011

Night before school

Well, tomorrow morning is the time!
I have all my books, all my binders are assembled, I have a plan for the morning, and I think the boys are ready.
Joseph has already inhaled about a quarter of the books he has to read over the next semester-- maybe more!
Joseph and Brigham are going to be doing a LOT of work independently.  Makes me nervous, but I think they can do it.  And we'll have morning and afternoon conferences to make sure they're on track.
We didn't do much this Labor Day.  Ben and I canned a bunch of peaches that were on sale at Walmart.  I did a whole bunch of laundry, and grocery shopping.  The boys did piano practicing (I let them skip out on their other instruments), went swimming, made a big mess in the playroom, argued about cleaning up, and then finally went to bed!
I wanted Ben to give them back-to-school blessings, but feelings were not terribly conducive to blessings tonight, so I think we're going to try again tomorrow night.
I'm excited for school to start, and I am going to go to bed so I can start the semester off right!

No comments: