Wednesday, June 29, 2011

More before and afters from Florida

One of the projects on my to-do list this summer is to go back and finish editing pictures from the past year that have been left to get dusty, untouched in my computer files.  So I finally finished the pictures from our Florida trip from last November.  (The fact that I started these at about 10:00 PM and finished at 1:00 AM speaks to how much "free time" I've had so far this summer. :-))
While we were there, we went back to our favorite places in our old neighborhood.  One of these places was the "rock climbing park," named for the small climbing wall and the plastic "boulder" climbing structure.  When the twins turned 4 years old, I took them to this park to take their pictures.  When we were there back in November, I took pictures of the boys in the same place so I could get a "5 years later" comparison shot.  So here they are!  To me, they haven't changed that much.  Will I always feel this way?

Here is Brigham at 4 years old, and again at 9 years old.

And Joseph at 4 years old and again at 9.

And Mosey.  I hadn't taken his picture at the fence, so this is the best comparison shot that I have from that day.  Waaah!  Where has my baby gone?!


And these are from a park just down the road-- what we called the "dinosaur park" (named after the dinosaur slide there).  I took the first picture just a couple of months after I got my first dSLR.  Next to it is the shot I took at the same rock 4 1/2 years later.  Mosey's legs are about 2 miles longer now than they were then.  :-)
I wish I would have remembered how they were posed in the first shot-- it would have been fun to try to replicate it a little closer.

1 comment:

Mama said...

I LOVE these before and after pictures! Except for getting taller, I think your boys look just the same now as before! I'm guessing 5 years from now they'll have changed more.