Friday, October 16, 2009

Wolf Mosey?

Mosey's been in fine form tonight. He decided to talk exclusively in a (very loud) growl all evening. He was pretending to be a wolf. He declared that Joseph was a rat, and when Joseph protested, he growled/yelled, "YES YOU ARE, YOU ARE THE BIGGEST RAT I'VE EVER SEEN!!!" It was very funny.
Later, Joseph was teasing me that after they go to bed, I stay up till 2:00 in the morning playing computer games and eating ice cream (I only wish!). When I said I've never done that in my life (well, at least, not since I was a teenager), Mosey growled/yelled, "YES YOU DO, I WAS SPYING ON YOU LAST NIGHT. I WAS UP TILL MIDNIGHT BECAUSE ACTUALLY I'M NOCTURNAL!!!" I think he may just be right.
His sleeping has never been good. I've been moaning about his lack of sleeping since he was a baby. He really doesn't seem to need as much sleep as his brothers, I guess. He really struggles falling asleep. Of course it doesn't help that he sneaks out of his room, annoys his brothers, rolls around and around when he *is* in bed, and otherwise doesn't appear to make any attempt at actually sleeping. I don't know.
I've resorted to giving him Benadryl at bed time. Is that bad? Tonight will be the second night. It seemed to help last night. I just can't have him messing around upstairs until 10:30 PM!!!
He's reading this post over my shoulder, and his response just now was (in his growl/yell), "BLAHHHH!!!!" That's what he thinks about that!

(I love this picture of Mosey. It was obviously a snapshot taken with no thought as to location or background, but I so rarely get a natural smile out of him, so I don't care.)

1 comment:

Mama said...

I remember giving my little sister vitamin C tablets when she wanted an aspirin at night (the placebo effect worked) -- I felt guilty about it for many years, but it helped her get to sleep and I am certain it didn't cause any ill effects. The lack of sleep is probably worse than the effect of the drug. I've had a couple of night owls too, as I recall :) Love, Mama