Thursday, October 22, 2009

how to train your son in the gentlemanly arts

Brigham was so sweet today. We went to piano lessons this afternoon and Joseph and Mosey hopped out of the car and scampered inside (Joseph was first for lessons today). I was getting my purse and crutches together when I heard Brigham say from the back seat, "Can I help you get inside, mom?"
Can you believe that? It was so cute. I told him he was the most gentlemanly little boy I know. He got out of the car, closed the sliding door, and walked over to my side of the car. After I got out, he closed the door behind me and then held my arm as I made my way into the house. It's actually not terribly helpful to have him holding onto my arm, but there was no way I was going to tell him that! It was seriously so sweet. (In about 15-20 years there's going to be one lucky girl who gets to marry this boy who's getting quite an education in how to be a gentleman...)
You know, I'd never, ever, not in any way, ever choose to have M.S. But if I didn't have M.S. I never would have had this sweet little experience with my boy this afternoon.
And that's something.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I love this story. When I have boys, I'm going to be calling you all the time to ask you how to raise them right.

Rosalynde said...

Oh my goodness, cutest thing EVER! Oh Gabrielle, he is such a special boy, all your boys are so special. They are learning life lessons about compassion and empathy in ways that would take them years to acquire in other ways.

Mama said...

Tears are running down my cheeks right now. All of this will be consecrated for the gain of your little boys and Ben, and everyone else who loves you so much.