Tuesday, June 30, 2009

summer so far

I mentioned last week how hot it has been. Well, the weather FINALLY broke today, after I don't know how many days of over 100 degree weather. At least 2 weeks. We woke up this morning to overcast skies, and around 9:00 this morning, we heard the glorious sound of thunder! Hallelujia! I was seriously worried yesterday that our lawn would decide the trials and tribulations this side of the veil were just too much for it, and give up the ghost. Now, maybe there's hope for it!
So for the first time this summer, I actually hung out in my backyard for a while this evening, watching my boys swimming.

I spent a few minutes freaking out over how grown up my boys are getting.



But before too long they reminded me they are still little silly kids.



I watched a lot of cannonballs.





Mosey is taking swimming lessons, and is getting really close to being independent in the water. The goal is to get him out of his floaty "muscly suit" by the time he goes to my mom's house in August. I am not terribly happy with the swim school he's going to right now, but at least it has given occasion for Ben to spend a few hours of concerted effort teaching Mosey in our own pool.
He does look pretty cute in his muscly suit, though.



The boys would have stayed out there all night long swimming, if I had let them. This is the face I got when I told Brigham it was time to come in to eat dinner.



The rest of the summer I've tried to stay in the air conditioning as much as possible. Mosey keeps me entertained.



Brigham has been on a dress-up kick recently. Here he is as a samurai cowboy.


But he doesn't constrain himself to dress up clothes only! Last weekend he put on jeans, a pair of shorts on over the jeans, a sweater (yes, in the over 100 degree heat), the plastic breastplate from the knight's costume we have, a suit coat (yes, over the sweater), and his knight's helmet. Quite a sight!

2 comments:

Mama said...

Our swimming pool is so quiet and lonely this summer -- I can hardly wait until it's filled with grandkids! Tell Mosey to practice hard :)Love, Mama

Jill T said...

Good Job Mosey! And I like the cannon ball shots.