Saturday, June 25, 2016

March 2015

Over the weekend of March 13, we had the ward camp out.  As it happened, Mosey and Ben were both sick, so I ended up taking Joseph and Brigham by myself.  It was up at Berry Springs park in Georgetown.  It's a fun park.  The boys petted donkeys, climbed trees, and stayed up late (very late) playing card games with the other youth.  It was great.
I was planning on leaving them there, going home to sleep for the night, and then coming back in the morning, but it was so late by the time I made it back to the car, I decided to stay the night.  Bad idea. I slept in the car, but had nothing with me (no blankets or pillows), and it was FREEZING.  I tried to sleep, but was just miserable.  Finally Joseph came into the car as well, but he had a sleeping bag and was nice and cozy.  Finally I couldn't stand it, and drove out of the park to the nearest Walmart and bought a blanket.  I made it back to the park, only to realize I couldn't get back in because the automatic gate was closed.  So I parked right outside the gate, and had a very pleasant rest-of-the-night until the sun came up and we could get back into the park.





The sunset that night was just spectacular.





On March 26, Brigham finally got his braces off!  It was just about 18 months for him.  He was glad to get them off, and looks so cute!  (He looked cute with braces, too.)  I made him smile with his mouth open for once so we could see his braces before they came off.


Brigham doing homework in the backyard.  He is my most diligent student.  I never have to remind him or get after him.


Mosey and Howard.  Best friends.


Springtime in Austin!  I love it when the leaves come out on the Cedar Elms.



No comments: