Friday, November 23, 2012

11/22/2012

1.  Happy Birthday Christian!  21 years old!  Man, that makes me feel old.  :-)

2.  It has been a busy week.  I intended to do lessons with the boys on Monday-Wednesday, but instead used the days to finish up a bunch of stuff that had been accumulating.  Dealt with the gigantic pile of mail and bills that had been sitting on my desk for weeks.  Changed my address with a million people.  Unpacked more stuff from the garage (made way more difficult by the baking powder still covering most everything).  Made thankful trees for scouts on Tuesday afternoon, followed by Thanksgiving shopping with Mosey.  Wednesday was cleaning and organizing and laundry (which still did not get folded-- I'm waiting for the laundry elves to come fold it all while I'm sleeping).  Rosalynde and her kids came late Wednesday night-- hurray!  My kids had been waiting all day for them to get here.  We sent them to bed at 10:00, but told them they could stay up reading if they wanted, until the Welches got here, which of course they all did.

3.  Thanksgiving today!  Rosalynde and I baked all day.  Ben did yard work.  The kids stayed busy doing all kinds of stuff.  Joseph went on a long bike ride with Jack, my boys and Jack had an airsoft battle, Miles discovered our vast supply of little cars and planes and tanks and other things with wheels.  Elena perused our bookshelves until she found a book she liked, and then we didn't see too much of her-- she is a bookworm!

4.  Thanksgiving menu:  Turkey, brisket, cranberry-apple stuffing, sweet potato casserole, rolls, jello salad, corn, mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, apple pie, banana cream pie, and blueberry cream pie.  Phew!  We are all stuffed now, and I think we came awfully close to using every single dish in our kitchen.  After dinner we went on a walk through the golf course, and then home again for pie.  Fun day!  I very thankful for family, good food, and beautiful weather today.

No comments: