Monday, November 12, 2012

11/11/2012

1.  Joseph woke up feeling sick.  Being the kind, loving, caring mother that I am, I told him to get dressed and go to Sacrament Meeting and if he still felt sick, I'd take him home.  I figured he was exaggerating and just wanted to sleep in.  He was not enthusiastically complying with my requests to get dressed for church, and so I somewhat impatiently told him to Hurry up and get dressed!  We are going to be late!!!  He went back to his room to get dressed, and I heard him start crying.  Well, that finally got through to me and I realized he really was sick.  Poor boy.  I'm such a jerk.  So he stayed home, and it was good he did because he ended up throwing up three times within an hour of us leaving.  Sacrament Meeting would have been pretty miserable for him...

2.  He was feeling a little better when we got home from church, and seemed to be fully recovered by the afternoon.  My kids get these random transient stomach issues pretty frequently.  No fun!

3.  The missionaries came for dinner.  Two sweet young men from Ogden, Utah.  It's amazing to think that my big boys could be in their shoes seven years from now!  I made chicken and dumplings, biscuits, and jello salad.  Sort of a mish-mash of southern and mormon food, I guess.  :-)  Brigham made a cake, and we had a fun time trading weird stories from the Old Testament.  Did you know there is a story about a flying roll in Zechariah?  :-)

No comments: