Monday, November 12, 2012

11/12/2012

1.  Monday.  It was a great Monday, actually!  Everyone got nearly all their schoolwork done, there was no fighting and no complaining over practicing.  Who are these children, and what did they do with my kids??  :-)  No, really, I was very proud of them.

2.  We're hiring cleaners to come every couple of weeks and help with deep cleaning.  The boys are not quite ready to take on all of that themselves, yet.  So four ladies came over this afternoon and spent almost 5 hours doing the deep initial cleaning.  Wow, I've never lived in a house this clean!  :-)

3.  Orchestra and archery tonight.  I love seeing Brigham so excited about orchestra.  I love the fact that we found a short-cut way to get to the rehearsal, saving about 20 minutes that would otherwise have been spent sitting in traffic.  While driving the the care, we're listening to John Stossel's book, "No, They Can't," which has been generating a lot of questions and good discussion.  I wish it were required reading for all high school students.

4.  While I was waiting for the boys I blew away my previous record on WordSearch, my favorite time-killing ap on my phone.  484 seconds, baby!  It's interesting to try different strategies.  On the way home we stopped by KFC, Brigham's current favorite place to pick up dinner on the way home from orchestra.  I don't cook on Monday nights!

No comments: