Friday, December 18, 2009

shopping...

This month has just flown by. Ben and I haven't had a moment to go Christmas shopping together, and I'm not sure when we will! We've had things going on every weekend since Thanksgiving. Ben was gone to Utah all last weekend. Tomorrow night I'd like to go get a Christmas tree (yeah, we haven't had a moment to do that either), Saturday night is the ward Christmas party for which I've been recruited to help. Week nights are too hard-- Ben doesn't get home till 6:45 or 7:00, and the boys have to get to bed and there's always so many things I need to finish up with at night.
So tonight I got on Amazon.com and I now have $690 worth of things in my shopping cart. I'm not buying them all!!! I basically just put in everything I was thinking about, and hopefully tomorrow during the day Ben can look at it all and we can collaborate and get things ordered. I don't think there's really going to be any time at all for us to go to actual stores before Christmas, so this will have to do.
I love Christmas time. I haven't really been stressed, just extremely busy! I wish I could somehow squeeze in another 2 weeks before Christmas. How can it really be in just one week?? Too bad the boys aren't a little younger. I might try to con them into thinking Christmas is really on the 31st. :-)

1 comment:

Mama said...

I remember one year when I seriously considered postponing Christmas -- I think I may have even floated the idea to you kids -- nothing doing! But it turned out all the things I didn't get done didn't need to be done in order to have a beautiful, perfect Christmas. Hurray for Amazon.com!!