Saturday, December 05, 2009

Let it snow!!

We had a crazy couple of days of weather here in Austin. A cold front blew down Thursday night and Friday it was literally freezing! The forecast even called for some snow flurries. So Friday morning the boys got up and dressed for the day. All the boys put on 2 pairs of pants, Joseph had on 2 of his shirts, one long-sleeved shirt of Ben's and a thick jacket. Brigham had a ski cap on, and all the boys got bandanas/dishtowels for me to tie over their nose and mouth to protect from frostbite. :-) They were so funny.

There was no snow in the morning and I didn't think we'd see any, but sure enough, a few flakes started to fall around lunchtime. I knew there was no point in trying to continue lessons when snowflakes were falling, so I told the boys to go on out. By that time they had shed some of the winter gear they had been wearing, but that didn't stop them from running outside and enjoying the "snowstorm" for the 20 minutes or so that it lasted. Joseph even gathered enough snow from our trampoline to make one whole snowball! :-)
I know the snow is hard to see. But look reeeally hard, it's there! It was a veritable blizzard for Austin! :-)
Thank goodness it warmed up again today. I'm just not a snow girl...



2 comments:

Mama said...

So much fun, for one day :)That's the way I like my snow too -- one day each winter.

Damian said...

Hey, just wanted to say hello. I found your blog as I was bouncing around through some other old classmates. It was nice to read up on you guys. I can't believe how much the kids resemble Ben. And I like the goatee. Makes you look sophisticated and stuff.
Damian