Thursday, September 17, 2009

Roofer recommendations?

For any Austinite who might be reading this blog (if you haven't given up on me because of my recent boring and picture-less posts), I need some recommendations for roofers. We had one company that we almost went with last spring before we realized they were trying to rip us off. And since then we've heard a few horror stories from people whose roofers have either ripped them off or did a really shoddy job. Anyone have any great experiences with roofers? Honest roofers? Didn't cut corners? Does such a company exist? Let me know!

4 comments:

Jonathan said...

have you tried looking on yelp? I find the comments there very helpful. p.s. this is Rachel not Jonathan

Julie M. Smith said...

Well, let's see.

We had to fire Brinkman because they would make appointments and then not show up.

We went with Capco. They broke our AC. It cost 1K to fix. They left a nail hole in the roof, which meant a leak in our bedroom. 1.2K to fix.

Gabrielle said...

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about, Julie. I've heard plenty of horror stories. The reason we didn't get our roof fixed last spring was because too many people were trying to rip us off (Ben knows how the whole thing is *supposed* to work). It's depressing.

Building Materials Supplies said...

Roofer recommendations?

Thanks for sharing!