Friday, August 17, 2007

Not in the lucky 20% this time...

I had my blood drawn today to find the results of my FET and the test came back negative.
I'm very sad, but I did know this was the probable result.
It is very hard to break the news to everyone, especially my twins who have been quite interested in the whole process. They know they also started out as little embryos in a petri dish and have asked me so many questions about the whole thing. They are very well educated in infertility procedures for your average 5 year old! But Joseph told me he didn't want another little baby anyway, and Brigham told me he wasn't disappointed, after asking if maybe the doctor could just look harder to find some HCG in my blood. That made me laugh *and* cry.
So that's the end of our long IVF saga. I'm so lucky to have my three boys. Many couples go through IVF after IVF and eventually have to give up with no children at all. I am so blessed and that does make this last failure a lot easier to handle.
Thank you everyone for your prayers and positive thoughts. I sure wish this would have ended differently.

4 comments:

ron said...

We love you Gabrielle. We are sad with you. You are an inspiration to us. Love, Uncle Ron

ron said...

Dear Gabrielle,
We are so sorry. You are such an example to us as your express gratitude for your three beautiful sons you are raising. It was wonderful seeing you at the reunion. You are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you.
Aunt Shauna

Kelly said...

Hi Gabby,

I've been checking your blog frequently, hoping to find out the update. I have been thinking of you, feeling like you might be suffering from sadness since I haven't seen anything. I am so sorry for this, but as you said, you are blessed. I would treasure those three boys. I can truly empathize with you. It's heartbreaking.

I have also been thinking of you as I've had a silly little short-term problem with my one foot. And I've felt like such a wimp compared to you and how you've handled your trials well. You are an inspiration to me.

patty said...

Dear Gabrielle,
We are also sorry that things didn't turn out differently. You are a wonderful mother, I was amazed at the reunion with your amazing attitude. We love you, Aunt Pat