Tuesday, July 10, 2007

What an evil company.
It's too late for me to get into the gory details, but let's just say that I don't think the terrible moving experience I had last weekend was an aberration for this moving company. I'm doubting seriously they actually did fire that guy.
They are trying their darndest to rip us off, but we won't fall for it!
Thank goodness for a husband with a law degree who can look up all the applicable statutes and figure out all the laws they are breaking.
I think we're going to get through this only paying $500 more than the estimate they gave us, but it is only through some cunning on our part, and incompetence on their part (we placed a stop-order on a large check we gave them, but I guess they haven't tried to cash it yet).
It is really very sad to me how people live in a world of taking advantage of others, ripping off others whenever they can, and in general just being mean and nasty. How can you ever have any peace in your life when these are your strategies for living?
I guess I am just really naive. It truly never occurred to me that there could be a company like this. They said they are a member of the BBB and American Moving and Storage Association, so I thought I could trust them. In doing more research today, the *first* website that pops up when I do a search for "Capital Moving Group" isn't the actual website for Capital Moving Group, but instead a website called movingscams.com. These guys are really bad guys and have ripped off lots of people. The experiences I have had are normal for this company I guess.
But the good news is that we are not push overs and they are not getting away with this with us.
So the moving truck is supposed to come tomorrow between 8 and 10 AM. We'll see if they come, what time they come, what condition our stuff is in, and if we can complete this transaction without calling the police. Wish us luck.

No comments: