Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Pictures from our trip to San Antonio

I don't think I ever posted about our trip to Sea World. We went July 3, right after I got back from Florida. We drove down Monday night, stayed in a Red Roof Inn, and went to Sea World the next day. It was really fun! A few frustrations (Ben and Brigham and Joseph waited in line for an HOUR to get on the Journey to Atlantis ride, only to have the ride close when they were NEXT IN LINE!! Brigham and Joseph were in tears over that. But they loved the Shamu show, had a chance to go on some other rides, Joseph and Mosey and I saw a great sea lion show, and we ate some (very expensive) yummy food and frozen lemonade. Ben and I took turns staying with the boys while the other went on the 2 adult rides. I discovered I am TOO OLD for really high rollercoasters. It didn't look that high from the ground, but once the car started going up the track, I decided I was definitely too old for this. But I survived, thankfully. The other rollercoaster was really fun-- it was one where you sit in these seats that hang down from the track. It didn't go very high, although it did flip you around upside down a few times. I don't mind upside down, but I HATE heights.
Around 6:00 PM we were all tired and headed out to the water park where there is a lazy river type ride, and a wave pool. But a humongous thunderstorm rolled in, and the park pretty much shut down. So we were a little disappointed, because we would have stayed a couple more hours for sure. But then the next day, July 4, it rained ALL day, so we were very glad we had gone to Sea World the day before.

Boys very impatiently waiting to go into Sea World. I didn't bring my camera inside the park, so I made them pose outside near our van so I could at least document that they were there

On the 4th we went to the Tower of the America's, one of those space-needle type buildings with a rotating restaurant at the top. We ate a (very expensive) yummy lunch up there, and tried to explain to the boys that the walls of the restaurant weren't moving, but the floor and all the tables on the floor, including ours, were moving. It was cool.


Ben and Joseph waiting for lunch up in the rotating restaurant. Joseph LOVES getting his picture taken. LOL




Again, posing up in the rotating restaurant. See Mosey's nose? He did a face plant running down the driveway at our rental house on our LAST DAY THERE. Poor guy.




Ben posing up on the observation deck of the Tower of the Americas. You can see the Alamo Dome behind him where the San Antonio basketball team won the NBA championships a few weeks ago.



Me and the boys in the beautiful grounds outside the Tower of the America's. It was raining, but I still made Ben take this shot of me and my boys.



Afterwards, we toured the Alamo, along with half of the rest of the state of Texas (I guess the Alamo is a popular place to visit on July 4), and then walked along the river walk for a short while before heading home to Austin. At the Alamo there was a guy dressed up in period costume, playing a military drum. It was really moving.



My boys waiting to go into the Alamo. See the long line?

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Everyone should visit the Alamo some time. You pictures always look more clear than mine. I guess that's why you're a pro, right?