Tuesday, July 24, 2007

After pictures of the playroom and master bedroom


We are using our old entertainment center and bookcases to keep the boys' toys. We are using the dining room as the playroom so I don't have to go up and down stairs putting toys away!





Mosey wanted in the picture!

Here is the wood floor in the master bedroom. We used 5 inch oak planks. I'm so glad I went with 5 inch planks instead of the conventional 3 inch planks!! Far fewer boards to lay. The hardest part was cutting the planks lengthwise to place on the edges of the room. If I hadn't cut them in half, there would have been only 1 inch for the final length, and you can't lay anything less than 1.5 inches, so I had to cut down the planks for the first edge as well. It was incredibly difficult to saw through that very, very, very hard oak wood with my hand-held circular saw. Next time I'll rent a table saw for sure. That, and then cutting the trim pieces (using a hand saw and a mitre box, again because I don't have a table saw) was the hardest part of the job. Looks nice, though, huh? And I saved about $1500 doing it myself.


2 comments:

Kelly said...

The planks turned out beautiful. I haven't seen a waterbed in a long time!

Jill T said...

gabrielle-you are amazing! I am so impressed that you did that yourself. Is there anything you can't do?