Sunday, August 25, 2013

3 things 08/25/2013

I want to reinstate the 3 things on my blog, so here goes:

1.  There is something in our attic.  I have never heard it, but Ben says he has.  Ben and the boys put our traps up there (Joseph has 2 humane traps he has used to trap squirrels, and, on occasion, skunks), and each day the traps remain unsprung, but the bait has gone missing.  We can't find any evidence of animal droppings, which is good, but clearly there is something up there.  It is freaking me out just a little bit.

2.  There is a new family that has moved into our ward with a boy around Joseph's and Brigham's age.  They played with him at the new member meet-and-greet this evening, and Brigham excitedly told me that he is into airsoft, too.  I like this family, and I hope our boys can be friends.  I know my boys are excited about the upcoming airsoft season, as soon as the temperature manages to get down below 95 degrees on any sort of consistent basis...  :-)

3.  Yesterday the boys and I played at the baptism of the daughter of some good friends.  I was touched that Andrea asked us to do it.  We played an arrangement of A Child's Prayer, with Joseph and Brigham taking the two melody lines on the flute and violin, and Mosey and I taking the treble and base accompaniment lines on violin and cello.  It was a little painful getting everyone to agree to participate, then to practice individually, and especially to practice together, but we did it!  Even after a last minute freak-out by one of my boys who shall remain nameless, but who plays a string instrument that is not a violin who decided he was not ready and he wasn't going to play.  He changed his mind, and I think maybe we even sounded sort of good.  I sure love playing music with my boys.

No comments: