Monday, February 18, 2013

02/18/2013

Mosey was up at 5:50 AM doing schoolwork and practicing.  However, by 11:30, he was GRUMPY.  Seriously grumpy.  Didn't want to get ready for tae kwon do, and I ended up banning him from computer games and airsoft for the rest of the week as he continued to ignore me, and then finally wouldn't go into TKD at all.  We were late, because he wouldn't get ready, and when we got there, he walked up to the door, then ran back to the car and said, "I can't go in!  They'll kill me because I'm late!"  So, we went home, and the consequence for not going to TKD (no airsoft and computer games for the rest of the week) kicked in.  He was very, very sad.  And yet, I gave him a lot of chances, and he knew what the consequences would be...
The one thing my kids do that probably drives me the most crazy, is ignoring me when I talk to them.  This is worst when I don't know where they are, because then I have to go searching, which isn't so easy especially when they are outside.  I'd rather them come and tell me why they are not going to do what I asked them, than have them ignore me...  So I get kind of crazy kind of fast when they are ignoring me.
But, now I'm feeling like my consequences are pretty draconian.  He's been asking what he can do to earn airsoft rights back by this weekend.  Should I let him earn it back?  I probably will, I guess, but it's not going to be easy.
Anyway, he fell asleep on my bed again this afternoon by 3:00.  He didn't have a fever, so maybe he's just tired from getting up too early, or maybe he is still fighting some residual whatever from last week.  I don't know.  Is it fair for me to hold him to consequences he earned when he may have been sick?

OK, off to bed now, seminary bright and early (well, early anyway).

No comments: