Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Recent pictures

I finally uploaded a bunch of pictures that have been accumulating in my cameras.

It's bluebonnet season again!  Not quite as fabulous as last year (Austin is again in a drought-- why they call it a drought since this seems to be the norm rather than the exception, I don't understand), but still my favorite time of year in Texas.  I want to take the boys to take pictures with the bluebonnets, but they're getting a little old for the "cute little kids in a field of flowers" kind of pictures, so I'm trying to get inspired.  These might have to do for this season, I don't know.



This is Brigham in the tree in our backyard.  He rigged up this system-- he climbs up to the top of the steps to our pool, and then pulls himself up the old pool ladder which he has hanging over a branch, and then he climbs up as far as I'll let him go.  He also has a flag and pulley system up there, made of rope and a blue towel.  In this picture he is up there doing his math assignment.  You can't do that in public school.  :-)  (Of course, there probably haven't been any kids who have broken their arms during math class in public school, either.  :-))

This is the normal state of our play/music room.  I pretty much can't get in their most of the time-- wheelchair wheels do not like blocks and legos and plastic soldiers.  But my boys sure do.


A few days ago the boys came downstairs for breakfast.  Joseph lay down on the couch (on the dog bed, for some reason), and then Mosey came down and snuggled right on top of him.  So sweet.

Here is Joseph hard at work in the front yard on Saturday, pulling weeds and planting new plants.

And here is Mosey being weird.  I think he wants to beat me up?

On Sunday afternoon/evening, we went on a family walk.  Ben pushed me in the wheelchair, and we went quite a long way-- more than 2 miles I believe.  Oh, it made me miss running so, so much.  But, it was wonderful being out in the fresh air and enjoying the beautiful neighborhood we live in.  I tried to take pictures while Ben was pushing me which pretty much guaranteed that none of them would be in focus.  Oh, well.
Here's Brigham who took the first shift with the dog.  We were just a couple hundred yards from our house which is why our old, lazy dog is still running.  :-)

Here's Mosey taking his turn.  Who is walking whom?

And Joseph.   Who needs a haircut. But he really likes it long!  I need to learn how to cut boys' hair in a long style so that it looks like it is that way on purpose, and not just because I've been too lazy to cut hair for more than 3 months.  :-)

Mosey found this great big pile of oak catkins.  Pollen grows on these and they drop during the spring, spreading pollen EVERYWHERE.  Our back deck looks green because of all the pollen (it's actually red).  Mosey's feet got stained greenish-yellow on this walk (he refused to wear shoes).  Happily, I don't think any of us are allergic to oak pollen because it is positively everywhere-- covering the ground, coating any cars parked outside, even blowing into the house if you leave the doors or windows open.  I sure do love the giant oak trees around here, though.  They stay green all year round until early spring when they suddenly drop all their leaves, and then immediately grow them back again.  That's my kind of deciduous tree!
He's also clutching his newest Webkinz-- Graypelt, which arrived on Saturday much to his gleeful delight (he had been waiting for it and checking about 10 times a day to see if it had arrived yet).  I took him to Walmart after conference on Saturday to make a collar tag for Graypelt.  I don't think he's left Mosey's arms since Saturday!
It was a lovely walk, and I want to go every Sunday afternoon until it starts getting too hot.

No comments: